Series SSPA-10 (Stainless Steel Pneumatic Actuator Body Design)
The stainless steel pneumatic actuator series is a great solution for you heavy duty automation needs. With a durable stainless steel body and manufactured to NAMUR standards and the option to add a solenoid valve, this actuator will continue to preform under time and pressure. Each pneumatic actuator comes with a complete spring pack (which contains 6 springs per pack). The benefits of using a stainless steel actuator is a corrosion resistance surface – resistance to most corrosive materials. There is no lubrication needed for this series of actuators with a very simple maintenance and configuration cycle.
DOUBLE ACTING OR SPRING RETURN STAINLESS STEEL ACTUATOR CONFIGURATION
DOUBLE ACTING ACTUATOR SIZING
- Establish the valve manufacturer’s breakaway or seating/unseating torque, then add 20% as a safety factor.
- Determine available air pressure to the actuator (e.g. 60 P.S.I.).
- Refer to the chart, find the 60 P.S.I. column and scan down until a torque value greater than the valve torque is found (e.g. 141 in. lbs.). Valtorc double acting actuator has no torque drop through the full 90º stroke.
SPRING RETURN ACTUATOR SIZING
- Establish the valve manufacturer’s seating torque (closing) and breakaway torque (opening). Add a 20% safety factor.
- Refer to the spring torque column and select the SPRING END TORQUE that equals or exceeds the required valve torque.
- Determine the available air line pressure to the actuator (e.g. 80 P.S.I.). Refer to the 80 P.S.I. column and scan down to where it intersects with the spring. In this case, the end spring torque is 112 in. lbs,. which exceeds the required 96 in. lbs. required.
HIGH QUALITY STAINLESS STEEL ACTUATOR BODY
- Available for valves sizes 1/4″ up to 36″
- Available in spring return or double acting configurations
- High quality and strength stainless steel, corrosion-proof body
- ISO (ISO 5211) and NAMUR mounting standards
- Preloaded spring cartridges – easily convert from double acting into a spring return actuator (please review our IOM for directions)
- Stainless steel body is perfect for pulp and paper, marine and other corrosion prone industries
- Replaceable bearings, top and bottom TFE pinion bearings ensure low friction and stability
- Temperature ratings up to 400F
- Comparable with most solenoid valves on the market (ours are tested and certified to work!)
- One piece stainless steel alloy shaft
- High torque applications with extreme environments