Series PA-2000 (Double Acting / Spring Return Pneumatic Actuator)
Our pneumatic actuator series 2000 (which is a direct replacement for our previous PA-1000 actuator) is a high quality, durable housing that contains a powerful actuator capable of turning the biggest valves in the market. This series of actuators (in spring return operation and double acting) are capable of being fail to open and fail to close. Using compressed filtered air, not necessarily lubricated is recommended. With a brand new, compact design – this Spring Return/Direct Acting pneumatic actuator is ideal for butterfly valve and ball valve automation.
SPRING RETURN ACTUATION CONFIGURATION
CCW – (Counter Clock Wise) Air is supplied to Port A forcing the pistons away from each other (towards ends), rotating the drive pinion counter-clockwise and exhausting air out of Port B.
CW – (Clock Wise) Air is supplied to Port B forcing the pistons toward each other (towards center), rotating the drive pinion clockwise and exhausting air out of Port A.
DOUBLE ACTING ACTUATION CONFIGURATION
Fail CCW – (Counter Clock Wise) Air is supplied to Port A forcing the pistons away from each other (towards ends), rotating the drive pinion counter-clockwise, compressing the springs and exhausting air out of Port B.
Fail CW – (Clock Wise) Air failure (loss of pressure) allows the compressed springs to force the pistons toward each other (towards center), rotating the drive pinion clockwise and exhausting air out of Port A.
- Available for valves sizes 1/4″ up to 36″
- Available in spring return or double acting configurations
- Brand new heavy duty design/housing
- Compact design
- Pneumatic sizes available from DA32 – DA600; SR45 – SR600
- Temperature ratings: 0C – 80C; from -20C – +80C
- Air only temperature: -40C to +150C (in proper execution)
- Minimum 40PSI for air supply, maximum air supply is set at 130PSI
- Compressed filtered air should be the operating media – not necessarily lubricated (if lubricated air is used, either non-detergent oil or NBR compatible oil must be used)
- Standard rounded end caps help to accumulate contamination
- Heavy duty bearings and seals form low friction and high cycle life
- Durable, trouble free operation – detailed installation manuals included
- Modular preloaded springs with metal spring guides for use in extreme temperatures (high and low)